

I recently got to go to Mesa Verde in Colorado, a place (thanks to the #3 childcraft) that I've always wanted to go. It is the home of
the ancient cliff dwellings and it was spectacular. This year is the centennial anniversary of the park and they opened two special hikes to the public. Tommy, Nicole (a friend of ours), and I bought tickets for one of them and it was well worth it. We got to hike on an original indian trail and use their footholds in the rocks. I took a million pictures, but after a while, they started to kind of look alike. Anyway, here are some of my favorites.
2 comments:
Doris,
Once again...great images...I really like the one looking down into the dwelling. Thanks for sharing. I hesitate to allow Alana to look at the childcraft books now though, because I don't want her to want to go where she always looks...the stars.
Loren,
The 'font' is somewhat out of proporiton. It is actually a little pit that they had religious ceremonies in. It is underground, and they would cover the top with wood and branches to make it flush with the ground. The hole in the center is for a fire, and the hole in the wall (I can't remember if it's visible in the picture) was to create circulation to blow the smoke from the fire out the top of the roof. Pretty cool. They have one that you can go inside, but I didn't get a chance to. Some of them are actually still used by Native Americans for their ceremonies.
Post a Comment