

I am truthfully surprised that more of the Marks clan have not updated this blog. I am finally coming around and would like to participate. Each time we come to visit during the summer I realize how much can happen in a year when you aren't around. Hopefully this blog will prevent us from surprizes and information overload next summer. We went to take family photos at the Rural life museum on Saturday. It is always interesting trying to get 6 people to smile and look at the camera at the same time. Our bribe this time was doughnuts, with sprinkles of course. Each of the kids grasped the idea except Denton who had his own ideas. Haley is at the "quick make a face" stage when she sees a camera. Mishonne surprizingly smiled good this time with her new braces on. I think they give her more confidence. Logan is just too cool and has to kind of do the "Jimmy Dean" look every time you ask him to pose. All said and done nobody got killed, nobody cried, and so everyone got a doughnut. Loren usually passes on the doughnut and when I didn't give him one he asked where his maple bar was. I apologized and said maybe Denton would share. Denton didn't like that idea and so Haley offered daddy a bite of hers.
The kids just got there grades for the 1st nine weeks and did very well so they got to go to a buffet after FHE last night. They had free coupons and this is a very rare occassion which Loren hates. He gets major anxiety at the thought of his children acting out in public. Like my 4 lovely children would ever do such a thing. Anyway the kids had a great time and an older couple sitting next to us commented on how well behaved they were. It makes all the difficult times of parenting worth it when you see your kids do well.
Hope all is going well for everyone. I am preparing for Super Saturday in our ward and Loren is working on some grant deadlines so things are pretty hechtic. Have a Happy Halloween. Please write so I can stay updated on you too.
3 comments:
You guys look so great! I am glad everyone is doing so well, and hope all of you are having a great holiday! I think Johnny is sending yet another school project your way, sorry! Enjoy your autumn... Heather
Wow...not only do we have a new "poster" (meaning someone who posts) but a comment made at the same time. congratulations family, we are slowly but surely making our way into the new age...of blogging.
Ditto to Jef's comment. I am so excited to see us FINALLY trucking along. I apologize profusely yet again that I can't be posting more. I get on whenever I can. For those who are interested in seeing Tommy's new car (yes, he finally got a new one!) check out our blog: dorisandtommy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment