Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Well, I got to talk to most of you this past week to wish you a Merry Christmas from the Vaterland. Merry Christmas to all of you with whom I didn't get to speak personally. I am now at the Ehlkes and am loving life. I am looking forward to every day of two-week vacation, followed by a what will hopefully be a short four weeks before I get to come back to the States.

There has been some confusion about when I am coming home, but a friend of mine will hopefully be replacing me here and then I will come home (relatively...at least to the States) on the sixth. I will then really be going home for yet another very quick trip from Feb 16-18th, wherein Tommy and I will hopefully be able to cram in engagement pics, Holly making and fitting my dress, ordering the cake and flowers, getting our marriage license, and packing up all(?) of my belongings to drive them all the way back to Utah.

I brought my laptop to Schortens and my webcam, so I will be trying to call Jamie on Christmas. If all goes well, then we'll be able to see and hear each other......for free (please imagine Soup's voice saying that). I'm excited to be able to see anyone who is within the camera's range, which will include Jill, because she's Christmasing with Jamie this year. But don't worry, Jill, I know that you won't even pretend to be excited to see me. It will just be "Hi! Where are the Ehlkes?" :) Merry Christmas to all!

P.S. Please put your orders in now for chocolate and whatever else you may want from Germany. I already have Jill's two-page long list. Anyone else can put their requests on the blog.
White chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, nuts/no nuts...be as specific as possible!

1 comment:

Jef said...

I'm in for white and milk chocolate!!! No nuts...Holly of course likes nuts...and we won't share with the kids...so they don't count...haha..just kidding. they count but we're still not sharing with them...Thanks for the salt mill...I look forward to seeing it....and you.