Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras and such

It has been a crazy few months for us. I am finally feeling much better. Loren and I got to attend a Mardi Gras Ball for the first time last weekend. Grown adults were doing the human train around the room, throwing beads, and yelling. All of this was in formal dress wear. We left at 10pm and I hate to see what it was like at 12 after the open bar had taken effect. We enjoyed ourselves, especially dince the buffet was free.

I got to take a trip to Washington to attend my Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary party. I had a ball planning the party with my mom and without kids. Bless Loren's heart. He is a good Mr. Mom. He only forgot to sign homework and conduct charts a few times and got ratted on by the kids for not following Mom's schedule or menu and going out to McDonalds every day. THe kids were still alive when I came home though.



When I got back from Wa I decided then would be a good time to tile my kitchen floor. My girlfriend is ms. carpenter lady so her and I did it all by ourselves. It was hard work but I am glad I learned the process.
I am heading with the kids to Tennesse for a few days to visit a good friend that I met in Delaware. Loren is going again up to Navou with the young single adults while we are gone. It should be a fun getaway.
I did not know about Ella and will keep her in our prayers. Hope all is well and good luck to Jef and Holly with their new one coming.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Sandra, thank you so much for posting! You look beautiful in that picture. I love your dress. My mom told me you're trying to get the hopeful trip to Texas planned. I just emailed Tommy's mom for more definite info. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from her. I'll be home in five days!!!

Jef said...

Sandra,

sounds like you are having a blast travelling so much...too bad you guys couldn't make it out here more often...but it is what it is. Thanks for the well wishes, Holly is doing as well as can be expected with seperated ribs, and a baby that won't give her any room to breathe and has the kicking power of an NFL placekicker!

We look forward with much anticipation to the 20th of February, and hopefully I will get some pictures posted from the opening day ceremonies for Patrick Leland Hatch.
TTFN