Well, aren't temples glorious places? I was blessed to be able to travel to San Diego and participate in my brother John's sealing to his wife and took this great night shot the night before the sealing took place when Laura (John's wife) went through for the first time. The sealing was great...it really made me remember the things that are important in life. Spirit was very strong and both Mom's were in tears the entire time.It was a great week even though I had to shovel dirt and plant trees for two days out of a 5 day vacation. I had dinner with my father, who, as many of you know, hasn't wanted to have anything to do with me for the last 12 years. He called me and said that he wanted to meet and talk and we did. It was a small step down the path to reconciliation but a step non-the-less.
I got my In&Out Burger fix and went to see a San Diego Padres game, courtesy of my mother and all in all had a grand time.
It will be interesting to see if we can get Jer and Heather to publish some photos from their trip to the blog site and if we can get the rest of the family on board with posting about their families and commenting on other posts. Maybe we should have a short class on posting when the reunion rolls around. OR NOT...anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment