Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Update

So, everyone, my big plans for travelling Europe continue. I know I told everyone I wanted to go to Germany for a year. I'm continuing to plan for that. I have a few resources I am calling on to help me find a job there. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My ambitious year has now turned into more like six months, which is fine. I think that's all I'll be able to afford, and I think I'll be ready to come back to the States after that anyway. :)

I got a great internship up in Salt Lake, at the Church Office Building, editing oral histories in the Church Archives. It's already been a great experience, sometimes quite humbling, but that's a good thing. It pays really well, and I am extremely grateful for it.

I just but my plane ticket home for Christmas. I'll be flying into Medford on December 23 . . . and will be staying indefinitely. Weird, and slightly terrifying. My life in Provo will officially end on December 23. I bought a one-way ticket back to Oregon. Hopefully I will be leaving early in January for Germany, but all of my plans are up in the air right now. So, there may be some juggling around of me while I am there, if that's okay with everyone. I must say, I am very excited to finally get some real time back in Brookings.

This is a final plea to keep in touch with the blog. I think it's a great opportunity for us to keep in touch. Have Jef show you how to post pictures and things, and if you can't post pictures, just type things!

I hope you're all doing just peachy keen. See you in December.

Doris

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so excited for you! Congrats on the great job. Can you do editing from home? I have been trying to think of something I can do when the kids are in school (I have a few years, I know), and the only skill I have is "I can read."

I hope when you come home you will be able to stay with us for at least some of the time, but I know how popular you are... can we reserve some Doris tickets?

Heather