
Well, I should have had a post up a long time ago, but I couldn't afford to hire a photographer to take any pictures of my new son...oh well, I took some snapshots and hope they are good enough.
Patrick Leland Hatch was born February 20, 2008 at the Gold Beach Hospital in Gold Beach, OR. He weighed 10 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 3/4 inches long. He had dark hair and came into the world without any glitches.
Patrick's name is one of interest, Holly and I have actually had the name chosen for the past 4.5 years. When Hol was pregnant with Alana, we didn't know whether we would have a boy or girl and as such picked names for both. We chose Alana Renee of course for a girl and our choice for a boy was Patrick Leland. Both first names were Irish (don't ask why...we just like Irish names) and both middle names were from someone Holly and I both thought embodied the type of person we would have our children emulate.
Renee, of course is from Holly's mom, who is the nicest, most caring, loving and forgiving person I know. (everyone knows that behind every good bishop, there is a GREAT wife.)
Leland is from my grandfather, who dedicated most of his life to building up the kingdom of God, literally. He helped to build the first branch building in Monmouth, he helped to build additions to that building, he helped split wood to raise money for the church, he caught turkeys for the same purpose, and I'm sure that he did a number of things I don't even know about. In short, he is the type of man that I want my son to be.
So Patrick is in the world, and here are some photos of him, his mom and his sisters.
We were so grateful to have both Grandmas able to spend time. Renee took the girls under her wing for most of the week, and my mom was able to come up and stay at the hospital with Holly and Patrick and take care of them both. We would have been sunk without you. Thank you both so much!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment