Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gas Prices

I don't know that this post will be strictly about gas prices, but I thought that it would be a great title...seeing as how gas prices are so high. How does it affect you? Do high gas prices make you drive less? Or do you do as I heard one lady on the radio does, and not look at the prices...you just go and buy gas when you need it without concern for the price.

I know that Holly drives less, while I really can't...when I have to go to a photo shoot, I have gear that has to be transported and I have to look at least presentable if not regal :-) upon my arrival. A lot of my business is about presentation, actually...all of my business is about presentation...and I can't afford to not look "good."

I don't know what that really has to do with gas prices, but I think that the price setters really know what we think we need, and when we need it, and they set prices accordingly. I predict that prices will go down as soon as Memorial Day weekend is over. And of course they will cite a ramp up of crude production as the reason, but the garbage that they spew is all that we have to base our knowledge on and if the producers want to be less than truthful, who are we to know any different...ahhh...this post went a little political....shouldn't have.

Plans for Memorial Day weekend??? Holly, the kids and I are going camping with our friends the Hillers and the Clarkes. I am doing family portraits for the Hillers in return for them buying the food and camp spot at Nook for the weekend. It will be a great trade for both families...they really can't afford portraits, and I can't afford to go camping...so anyway...post your family plans, or simply respond to this post.

No comments: