Monday, May 08, 2006

L&R Marks Progeny

So, I wrote a long extensive explanation of my plans, and somehow, it didn't get posted and is now lost in the vastness that is call cyberspace. Short version: I am now graduating in December instead of August. The classes I was in this term would have been only just possible to complete without failing, but I wouldn't have gotten anything out of them. Plus, I desperately need an internship and most places won't give one to post graduates, which was a problem for me. Now my spring term will be so much lighter it will hopefully even be enjoyable some weeks...okay, I'll settle for days if I have to...and I'll only have one class to take fall semester. So hopefully I can land the internship I want with F.A.R.M.S. (for those of you who still aren't familiar with it, it is the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies--a journal publish I believe quarterly) and get a lot more out of that course, the fall section of which specializes in editing scholarly Mormon works. Another bonus for me. What does this mean to all of you? Very little, except I'll be done with school in December, not August, Merry Christmas to me. It may mean something to Jamie, though, because it is now much more likely that I will be able to meet you for your layover...at least one, if not both. I know I've asked you a million times now, but when is it again?

Anyway, I am excited to have this blog and will try to post as frequently as I can. I'm excited to read about all of you, too, so post often! Now I must get back to my wonderful world of reading. I'll talk to you later.

Doris

1 comment:

Jef said...

ahhh...Doris....you know what's funny, I can hear your voice in your writing. With some people you can, with others you can't and you're one of the ones I can hear...interesting. Good on ya with your internship and have fun visiting the airport to see Jamie...I sure wish she would fly through here more often with layovers...oh wait...